Emotional resilience and grit are necessary ingredients of success. Resiliency is something that is learned along the way through experiencing setbacks and using those moments as an opportunity for growth. We build grit with the takeaways and we build strength and emotional resilience with every single learning. This is exactly how we step into greatness.
The key to building emotional resilience and grit is patience.
Emotional resilience is especially important for anyone working to achieve goals – big or small. The key to building emotional resilience and grit is patience. The positive momentum that is building will carry you through those challenging times with these tool are needed.
Here are 5 tips to build your emotional resilience and grit when going through tough times:
1. Sit With Yourself. learn to sit with your discomfort and feel your feelings. When we can get a sense of what’s coming up, we can learn to manage those emotions and manifest change.
2. Engage In Self-Care. This is a particularly difficult one since when we are going through tough times, we often forget to take care of ourselves. Self-care should be a non-negotiable daily practice and it’s important to not let that go when things get tough.
3. Make Plans With A Friend. Surround yourself with positive people and engage in conversation. Continue to build those relationships and create deeper connections.
4. Make Time For Gratitude. Instead of focusing on what’s wrong, focus on what’s right. Be aware and remind yourself of all the good in your life.
5. Allow Yourself Time. Don’t rush to “fix” things. Take all the time you need to make smart and thoughtful decisions of how to move forward.